Frequently Asked Questions
How much time do I need to visit Eltz Castle?
Please plan about 2.5 hours for your visit to Eltz Castle (including guided tour, Treasury and perhaps a light snack). This does not include your journey to and from the castle.
When are the guided tours in English?
Please ask at the Ticket Desk or in the castellan’s office in the upper courtyard for the times of guided tours in English. (Max. waiting time 30 minutes). While you wait, you could visit the Treasury, which is included in your entrance fee.
We strongly recommend that groups book foreign language tours in advance with the castellan’s office.
Are dogs allowed in the castle?
Dogs are allowed on the castle grounds and the courtyard and the outdoor areas of the restaurants.
Is Photography and Filming Permitted at Eltz Castle?
Please take note of the following regulations if you would like to take photographs and film at Eltz Castle:
- Photography and filming is permitted at Eltz Castle for private purposes only.
- Images and films may not be used for any commercial or political purposes.
- The owner of Eltz Castle, Count Eltz, has the exclusive right to use of all photographs, films or other images of the castle, including details and furnishings, that are not purely for private purposes.
- Eltz Castle is a private property and can be seen, photographed and filmed only from the equally private Eltz Forest. The so-called “Panorama privilege” is not valid here. The “Panorama privilege” only applies if a building can be seen and photographed from public pathways.
- Photography and filming is permitted outside, in the courtyard and in the Treasury. Photography and filming is NOT permitted inside the castle.
- The use of flashlights and other lighting is NOT permitted inside the castle as this causes the sensitive historic colours to fade.
- Please apply to Eltz Castle for permission to use photographs or film material for books, selected printed material and/or digital imagery as well as for artistic and/or documentary purposes.
- The photographer’s copyright remains untouched by the above-mentioned restrictions.
- Further information about world-wide photography rights, including Eltz Castle, can be found under https://helpx.adobe.com/de/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html
Is it Permitted to Fly Drones at Eltz Castle?
Flying Drones is NOT permitted anywhere outside or above Eltz Castle, nor anywhere within the nature reserve Eltz Forest, which extends 1.5 km around the castle. The castle is a private property and home. Thank you for your cooperation.
Feel free to contact the castellan’s office should you have any more questions or require further information:
+49 2672 95050-50