Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Visit our fairy-tale castle
and discover 900 years of living history!
Goodbye - The Eltz Castle team bids farewell as the winter break starts
Thank you for visiting Eltz Castle during the season of 2022!
Eltz Castle will be closed from 2nd November 2022 until 1st April 2023
The castle is open daily from 1 April to 1 November.
Monday to Sunday from 09:30.
Please note: due to Covid last entry is at 17:00 at the castle gate !
Please contact us
if you would like
How to get here!
The current weather
How to get to Eltz Castle
Eltz Castle is situated in the middle of the Eltz Forest, near Münstermaifeld, between Eifel, Moselle and Rhine in the northern Rhineland-Palatinate.
Sat-Nav address: Burg Eltz, Wierschem
Parking fee for the entire day (cash payment only): Cars/motorbikes € 4 cars with trailer/camper vans and coaches : € 8.
A shuttle bus, leaving every 10 minutes, takes you to the castle – price per person and journey: € 2 (cash payment only)
On foot you can walk along the road past the viewing platform or along a footpath which takes you past the “500-DM banknote” viewpoint.
By train to Hatzenport and from there by bus no. 365 to Eltz Castle carpark 1 and back to Hatzenport (every 30 min)
Please enter the destination “Burg Eltz, Wierschem“.
By ÖPNV (Public transport) to and from Eltz Castle:
Taxi companies in the area:
- Taxi Charly, Pillig, Tel.: +49 (0) 2605 2022 / email@example.com
- Taxi Ewald, Löf, Tel.: +49 (0) 2605 4700 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taxi Reuter, Treis-Karden, Tel. +49 (0) 2672 1407 / email@example.com
Busses for groups:
- Garske Touristik, Koblenz, Telephone: +49 (0) 261 9224727 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moselsteig, section 20 (13 km / 4 hours)
- Traumpfad "Eltzer Burgpanorama" (13 km / 4 hours)
- Moselkern/Ringelsteiner Mühle – Eltz Castle (2,5 km / 35 min)
- Karden – Burg Eltz, „Buchsbaumweg“ (16 km / 4,5 hours)
- Müdenerberg/Österhof – Eltz Castle (1,7 km / 35 min)
- Pyrmont Castle – Eltz Castle (10,4 km / 4 hours)
- Via the Maifeld-Radweg to the Eltz Castle carparks near Wierschem
- Via the Mosel-Radweg to Ringelsteiner Mühle, Moselkern, walk from there to the castle (2,5 km/35 Min.)
Gastronomy – our Castle Taverns
There are two cosy self-service restaurants in the outer castle, both with a beautiful view of the castle and down the Eltz Valley.
They serve warm meals, hearty snacks and a large selection of cakes.
Warm meals are served from 10:30 to 16:30.
The shop sells porcelain, glass and other souvenirs depicting Eltz Castle, postcards and publications about the castle, as well as attractive equipment for the 'little knight and the damsel'.