Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Visit our fairy-tale castle
and discover 900 years of living history!
Eltz Castle opens for the new season on 1st April 2023!
We look forward to seeing you!
Burg Eltz, Wierschem into your SatNav and it will take you to our carparks.
Information about arrival by public transport (ÖNPV), taxi, bicycle or on foot as well as a map of the castle area can be found below.
The castle is open daily from 1 April to 1 November.
Monday to Sunday from 09:30.
Please note: due to Covid last entry is at 17:00 at the castle gate !
Please contact us
if you would like
Welcome to Eltz Castle. It is considered “the most beautiful castle in Europe”, a “fairy tale in stone” and the epitome of a knight’s castle. Take a look for yourself!
Our family has been living in this castle, situated between Eifel, Moselle and Rhine, for 900 years. Eltz takes you back to the Middle Ages, with a fabulous treasury and unspoilt surroundings with numerous walking trails. It offers recreation and activities for all ages.
Information about how to get here, what you can do and our special offers can be found on this page as well as in the section Opening Times & Tickets. Interesting facts about the house and the family can be found in the sections The Castle and The Eltz Family.
“Mirror, Mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?”. This fairy tale question appears in advertisements for Rhineland-Palatinate. You will discover the answer for yourself when you visit Eltz Castle – Promise!
We look forward to your visit!
Count and Countess Eltz
How to get here!
The current weather
How to get to Eltz Castle
Eltz Castle is situated in the middle of the Eltz Forest, near Münstermaifeld, between Eifel, Moselle and Rhine in the northern Rhineland-Palatinate.
Sat-Nav address: Burg Eltz, Wierschem
The Sat-Nav address: Burg Eltz, Wierschem takes you to the Eltz Castle carparks.
Parking fee for the entire day (cash payment only): Cars/motorbikes € 4 cars with trailer/camper vans and coaches : € 8.
A shuttle bus, leaving every 10 minutes, takes you to the castle – price per person and journey: € 2 (cash payment only)
On foot you can walk along the road past the viewing platform or along a footpath which takes you past the “500-DM banknote” viewpoint.
By train to Hatzenport and from there by bus no. 365 to Eltz Castle carpark 1 and back to Hatzenport (every 30 min)
Please enter the destination “Burg Eltz, Wierschem“.
By ÖPNV (Public transport) to and from Eltz Castle:
Taxi companies in the area:
- Taxi Charly, Pillig, Tel.: +49 (0) 2605 2022 / email@example.com
- Taxi Ewald, Löf, Tel.: +49 (0) 2605 4700 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taxi Reuter, Treis-Karden, Tel. +49 (0) 2672 1407 / email@example.com
Busses for groups:
- Garske Touristik, Koblenz, Telephone: +49 (0) 261 9224727 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moselsteig, section 20 (13 km / 4 hours)
- Traumpfad "Eltzer Burgpanorama" (13 km / 4 hours)
- Moselkern/Ringelsteiner Mühle – Eltz Castle (2,5 km / 45 min)
- Karden – Burg Eltz (6 km / 2 hours)
- Müdenerberg/Österhof – Eltz Castle (1,7 km / 35 min)
- Pyrmont Castle – Eltz Castle (10,4 km / 4 hours)
- Via the Maifeld-Radweg to the Eltz Castle carparks near Wierschem
- Via the Mosel-Radweg to Ringelsteiner Mühle, Moselkern, walk from there to the castle (2,5 km/35 Min.)
The Bailey, with pittoresque views of the castle and the Elz river valley, houses our cosy self-service restaurant which offers hearty snacks, beverage and cakes.
The shop sells porcelain, glass and other souvenirs depicting Eltz Castle, postcards and publications about the castle, as well as attractive equipment for the 'little knight and the damsel'.